Welcome to your Global Switchboard one-hour conversation! This guide aims to help Great Commission Organizations (GCOs) and Kingdom Consultants (KCs) have a fruitful dialogue that advances the Kingdom.
Objectives for the Conversation
- The primary goal is for the GCO to walk away with actionable steps or a clear direction.
- KCs should focus on gaining a deep understanding of the GCO's issue or opportunity.
You set a goal and selected a specialty when you created your request. These choices are crucial for setting the context and expectations for your call.
You've been briefed on the GCO's goals and context. Use this information as a springboard to delve into the nuances of the problem or opportunity.
Suggested Conversation Outline
Introduction (5 minutes)
- Briefly introduce yourselves and your stories.
- Take a moment to pray together.
- Confirm the GCO's description, goal, and selected specialty.
You can find these in your connection email
Problem or Opportunity Discussion (10 minutes)
- GCO presents the issue or opportunity in greater detail.
Try to answer the following questions:
- What is the big-picture problem you are trying to solve?
- What is your goal for this one-hour call
- KC asks initial clarifying questions.
Deep Dive (35 minutes)
- Both parties engage in a detailed exploration of the issue.
- KC focuses on asking in-depth questions.
- GCO provides added context as needed.
Actionable Steps and Closing Remarks (10 minutes)
- Summarize key points.
- Agree on actionable steps or a clear direction for the GCO to take.
Tools for Success
Web calls on platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, or WhatsApp are recommended. Virtual whiteboards like Miro or Jamboard can be helpful, as can Google Docs and Microsoft OneDrive for shared note-taking.
Common Pitfalls to Avoid
KCs, avoid overwhelming your conversation partner with too much information at once.
This one-hour conversation isn’t a project scoping call. Stay focused on the outlined objectives.
We hope this guide helps make your conversation successful. Shortly after your call together, you will receive a feedback form from us; please take the time to complete it. Your feedback helps us improve and refine the Switchboard experience for everyone.